Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1751836 Members
5563 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I can't upgrade firmware in HP CDWriter 9100b

yo_1

I can't upgrade firmware in HP CDWriter 9100b

Anyone knows how to upgrade firmware of HPCDWriter 9100b?? The upgrade program says that it can??t probe that original HP software (in installation disk 1) is properly installed. I've installed HP-CDWriter software from original CD with MyCD and DirectCD but the upgrade programs is still not working. ??Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Storage > General to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Tad Hasse

I have *exactly* the same problem. It would really help if unnecessary probing for installed software was eliminated and a stand-alone, boot to dos firmware update program were distributed (Like the rest of the civilized world does). Any sofware updates needed to respond to the new firmware info could be applied seperatly, as is already the case with third party software like DiscJuggler, Nero,and Roxio CD Creator. It is a dirt simple matter to read the ID string from the drive before sending firmware update, so 'probing for software' *entirely* un-necessary.
I did have a similar problem with a Philips DVD drive, my solution was to "cross-grade" it to the OEM Toshiba that it actually was. The 9100b could quite possibly be a Sony CRX140 or a Goldstar CED-8080B, the jury is still out on that one. I may cross-grade this drive if a better solution doesn't present itself in the next 24hrs. I will reply with my results.
"Well it works fine here."
Kristi_5

And was this ever solved? send email: kristi at bga dot com.