Occasional Contributor

Lightscribe

How do I burn a cd using Lightscribe?
2 REPLIES 2
Paul Johnsen
Occasional Advisor

Re: Lightscribe

Gordon -

Lightscribe is a tech that allows you to make a label right on the CD/DVD using your drive. The normal burning process is used to put data onto the disc. Then you use either the same burning software to make and burn your label, or other software. Try the following links for more detailed info and software downloads.

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/317023-0-0-225-121.html

http://www.lightscribe.com/

Good luck, and have fun.
Jon Rodman

Re: Lightscribe

Hello All,
I too am having Lightscribe difficulties. I have a HP 7580n PC which came with Lightscribe. I have spent several hours attempting to create the Restore CDs.

After a couple hours I was able to use the Lightscribe function to label three HP Lightscribe DVDs. However out of 10 DVDs attempted only three would accept a label - and of the three only two labels turned out well. While burning one label the system locked up and the label has a kind of faded look to it.

The HP Lightscribe DVD-R 16X DVDs I am using are not being recognized as DVDs. It appears that I may be able to record to them as Data CDs but not as DVDs. I continue to receive the error message that I am not using a compatible DVD.

A few months ago I attempted to play a movie DVD and was surprised to find out it would not play.

One of the main reasons I bought the HP is that it comes with the LightScribe DVD burner. The irony is that it is the only part of the PC I am having problems with. I have made several attempts to use the Lightscribe during the last few months and the only thing it does well is read software CDs and allow me to install software. I have trouble when burning labels, burning DVDs or playing movies.

Has anyone else experienced these problems? And more importatly, what is the solution?

Thanks,
Jon