Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1751811 Members
5488 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem wit Cd burner plzzz help

K. Vincent

Problem wit Cd burner plzzz help

I have a HP Pavillion 751n usa version. I have a Samsung Sw-224B burner. I have the appropriate driver installed and the latest version of HP RECORD NOW also. My problem is that my CD-R Drive frequently states, when I am trying to burn cd's, "PLEASE INSERT A DISK INTO THE SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-224B (D:) DRIVE".
This happens even when I have a brand new blank cd-r and have just put it into the drive!! Basically it wont recognise my CD-R's. I have tried cheap cd-r's and also expensive-ish SONY ones. All to no avail. I have tried recording with the WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER recording software too, but this results in the same message appearing on my screen after inserting a new blank disc. The drive does seem to work in general though. Also even when does the drive works it says everything is a cd-rw disc and doesnt work and tries to burn at 10x and the disc ends up not having any files written on it. This burner used to work well and burn at 24x but now i dont know.

Many thanks in Advance,

Much Love, K. Vincent

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator