108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RecordNow Errors (running on 8200i)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Josephus Flavius
Occasional Advisor

RecordNow Errors (running on 8200i)

I've been running RecordNow (ver. 3.5b) on Win2000 with no problem for a year or so. I now get a Disc Read Error with the following detail:

Disc Read Error - Sense:03 ASC:73 ASCQ:03 (Command:2A)
--------------------------------------------------
HP CD-Writer+ 8200 (F:) ATAPI (1.0f)
PX.DLL - 1.1.0.297
PXMAS.DLL - 1.5.0.94
PXWAVE.DLL - 1.2.0.75
OLEAUT32.DLL - 2.40.4518.0
MSVBVM60.DLL - 6.0.88.77
MSCOMCTL.OCX - 6.0.88.62
MSCOMCT2.OCX - 6.0.88.4
PXHelp20.SYS - 2.2.27.1

I get the same type of error (w/different codes after the word 'Sense') each time I retry copying a disk or file onto a CDW disk.
My source disk security is wide-open to all users, with inheritences to all subdirectories and files.

Any idea what can be done?
Many thanks!
Yair

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - hp forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
paul courry
Honored Contributor

Re: RecordNow Errors (running on 8200i)

First question........

What have you done lately? Any new software, upgrades, drivers, any changes whatsoever?
Josephus Flavius
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply. The problem is several months old, and in that time many changes took place, but all are within the confines of Win2000 updates (hotfixes, etc). No hardware changes, no obvious program changes: running RecordNow ver. 3.5, Build 350B20b (HCD).

Last night I revised the Win2000 settings following HP recommendations: enabling DMA settings for both CD devices and hard drives, making sure power management does not interfere with the operation (it does not), and looking for conflicts (none exist). These changes did not fix the problem: tried copying three files twice, the first time I thought it worked because it was not rejected just told me that 'one or more of the files did not fully compare with the original (a new error message for me). When I re-tried with all other programs off, it was stopped right away, like it was doing in recent months.

On the whole, my PC (Dell Dimension XPS B866r) is boringly plain: mostly MS OS, MS Office, no games, no suspect utilities, nothing remarkable to draw power or attention.

Finally, are there any 'known issues' with the more recent updates of Win2000 (or other programs) that would trigger this problem?

Thanks again!

Yair
Eduardo_53

Hi, I have the same problem and the same error, but in win98. The HP8200i working fine for 2 years under win98 but today this error appear " Sense:03 ASC:73 ASCQ:03 (Command:2A)-- no changes in hardware and no changes in OS.
May be the problem are the hardware and not the software. I you had the solution please send me.
Thank├В┬┤s
Eduard
Dan Diddle

I am running on XP and am getting the same error. Were you able to resolve your issue?

Disc Read Error - Sense:03 ASC:73 ASCQ:03 (Command:2A)
--------------------------------------------------
HP CD-Writer+ 8200 (E:) ATAPI (1.0f)
PX.DLL - 1.1.0.297
PXMAS.DLL - 1.5.0.94
PXWAVE.DLL - 1.2.0.75
OLEAUT32.DLL - 5.1.2600.2180
MSVBVM60.DLL - 6.0.96.90
MSCOMCTL.OCX - 6.0.88.62
MSCOMCT2.OCX - 6.0.88.4
PXHelp20.SYS - 2.2.27.1
Siva BGD
Solution

Hi,

I am providing the URL from where you can find the solution for this issue.

This Website has solutions for all error messages while buring the CD/DVD disks.

Please go through the below URL and see the exact error message which you are getting:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231100.htm

Try searching with: Sense:03 ASC:xx ASCQ:xx

I hope this will help u. Please revert for this message if u have any issues.