Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753974 Members
7037 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

firmware upgrade c1716t

w. e. reisinger

firmware upgrade c1716t

ltt suggests firmware update from present v.3404 to v.3535, but i could not find a way to get hold of the new firmware. would also be interested in a manual, which seems unavailable due to a lack of support.
7 REPLIES 7
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: firmware upgrade c1716t

You are correct - the C1716T firmware is currently not available on the web, or through LTT 'get files' dialog. This product has been obsolete for some time. However, we have this firmware available, and I've attached it to this reply.
The journey IS the reward.
w. e. reisinger

i am deeply depressed by my ignorance, but i still face two difficulties:

- i can not open your attachment containing the fw update (The URL you requested, /cm/components/FileAttachment/0,,0xbff135067c18d6118ff40090279cd0f9,00.frm , does not exist or is not retrievable at this HP IT Resource Center Web site. (Error HTTP_404))

- win2k sees a "removable disk" together with a drive letter, but trying to access it returns a "the disk in drive x is not formatted" message, and trying to format returns "the disk in drive x cannot be formatted".
btw, i used a new 1.2 gbyte rewritable disk (hp#92279t), which -as the box says- is formatted.

possibly (and probably) these problems are outlined and solved in the manual, but i recently got 3 of these units sadly lacking any trace of documentation.

thank you for your help and patience
Jan Klier
Respected Contributor

Apparently the attachment got lost on the website. Please send e-mail to ltt_team@hp.com and we can send you the file via e-mail.

(disclaimer: the above e-mail address is only intended for support with the HP Library & Tape Tools software, and not for issues with devices. For hardware support please contact your local support provider)
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

We're sorry the ITRC attachment has issues. We've now posted this firmare (C1716T version 3535) to the ftp site used by HP Library & Tape Tools. You can now use the 'File -> Get Files from Web' function to select and download the firmware file to your machine.
The journey IS the reward.
John Griffith_3
Valued Contributor

The format referred to on the new media (written on the package) is a low level format and is not the same thing as the File System format for Windows.

I would recommend first trying to perform the format using the disk administrator utility under computer management. Often with Windows errors will be encountered when trying to format new media without initializing it through Disk Administrator first.

Also, verify that when you boot the system up the media is NOT inserted in the drive, after the system is up then insert the media and use Disk Administrator.

Let me know if you run into problems....

John
w. e. reisinger

fw update worked ok.
followed your suggestions, but unfortunately win2k disk management does not acknowledge what the explorer sees, i.e. a removable disk. for this reason the removable disks can not be initiated via the administrative tools.
looks as if i might have to use an nt4 box to format all media, but i wonder whether this would be sufficient to convince win2k?

best regards, wer
John Griffith_3
Valued Contributor

There should not be any need to go back to NT4 to format the media (although it should work as well).

One key is to make sure that you boot the system up with the drive powered up, but no media inserted. After the system is up, insert the media and run Disk Administrator (run from computer management console). Disk admin will not specify that it's a removeable drive so you have to go by capacity information, then you should be able to create a partition and format the media.