108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: juke box c5713a

SOLVED
Go to solution
pietro brambilla
Occasional Contributor

juke box c5713a

hi, I have some hardware problems with juke box dds4. when I connect the device to scsi channel, softwares like NTbackup or Arcserver recognize me 2 devices in place of 1. After that i must disable one of these device and i can proceed with backup, but when i restart the server, problems will go on.
The drivers for the device is 4MMDAT.SYS ver 5.00.2195.2469 Microsoft corp, SO WIN2000 server.
Best Regards
Pietro Brambilla
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Pietro,
that's correct. There're 2 devices: LUN 0 is drive itself and LUN 1 is a robot (autochanger). To make system not seeing autochanger you can go to SCSI card bios and disable LUN support (then only LUN 0 will be visible) or you can simply disable autochanger in device manager for this (or all) profile.
But better to install backup software (for example, tapeware) and it will automatically install autochanger driver and will manage tapes inside autoloader
Eugeny
pietro brambilla
Occasional Contributor

thank you Eugene.
Now I test.
thanks' a lot.

pedro
pietro brambilla
Occasional Contributor

It's all right,but only for my curiosity, i want to known if there are differt version of firmware for c5713a, because, before I changed the tape, I had another tape like that and I didn,t have problem.
Tahnk's

Pedro