4732 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: library tape tools

joseph_87
Occasional Contributor

library tape tools

need password for the library and tape tools product

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp forum moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Don't believe you need a password. It's a free download from:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=406731&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=406729&prodTypeId=12169

There's not a password to access the S/W once installed either.

Are you sure you're not asking for a password for some device that LTT might want to talk to - like a tape library or NSR?
joseph_87
Occasional Contributor

I have installed the Library and tape tools and their are certain functions that i try to exercise that ask for a password. My main problem is that i am trying to format media on an HP storageworks 30ux optical drive that uses udo media. When it trys to format is complains with an error message:
read of lvm record failed. There is an advisory out:

This issue is the result of a new process being implemented with optical media (specifically 30G UDO Rewriteable media) by which the media is pre-formatted at the factory with an erase pattern. The result is that every logical block on the surface is written as "blank."

This creates an issue for the HP-UX file systems (vxfs and hfs) because part of the format process is to perform a read on the disk. These blanks cause the drive to report a check condition in response to the read which is the correct behavior. This response however was not considered when developing file system support as previously all R/W media was sent out with a written pattern on it and reads would always return some date, therefore the calls to mkfs fail, giving the message vxfs mkfs: read of lvm record failed .

The solution to this issue is to set the corresponding mode page to disable blank check reporting. This can be done using the UDO Blank Off Config Test in Library and Tape Tools.

Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Yes, there is "special password" required for changing those kind of settings in LTT.

I don't know the password but I guess you can send an email to HP LTT Team at
ltt_team@hp.com asking to guide you with the required change.

joseph_87
Occasional Contributor

Thanks I have done that, and currently waiting on a reply!