Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753807 Members
7220 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

8230e external USB CD writer, Windows2000 and DirectCD.

Giorgio Baldini
Advisor

8230e external USB CD writer, Windows2000 and DirectCD.

Hi everyone,
I currently use my 8230e connected to a W98SE Hp Vectra desktop and, more recently, to a W2K Hp Omnibook XE3 laptop. With W98 Vectra all is fine, DirectCD works fine and I use it every day with standard Windows drag-and-drop features for backup purposes. On the contrary I can't succeed to make DirectCD work on the W2K laptop: there I was able to use only HP RecordNow software. It appears as DirectCD hasn't been designed to work under W2K, is this correct ? If so, how can i manage my files the way I did with DirectCD i.e. with standard Windows drag-and-drop facilities ? And CDRW too (formatting, reading, writing) of course...
One colleague told me he has W2K and DirectCD working together: the trick seems that he has UPDATED to W2K from a W98 with DirectCD already running without doing any other operation. Does anyone experienced that? My problem is that I haven't a previous W98+Direct CD working environment on my laptop...
Any help will be appreciate, thank you.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: 8230e external USB CD writer, Windows2000 and DirectCD.

I nad directcd running and I sure as hell did NOT upgrade to w2k from w98!

Uninstall the driver/software, attach the hardware, install the driver/software.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
nancy newman

i have the same problem with my 8200e cd writer...so let me know if you get to the answer. i tried replacing the wnaspi32.dll file, also downloaded frasp117, which is 4 files zipped, which i was told was the answer, but it did not work for me...maybe it will for you... i have win me..is that the same as win 2000..i will try to attach the zipped files
nancy newman

i have the same problem with my 8200e cd writer...so let me know if you get to the answer. i tried replacing the wnaspi32.dll file, also downloaded frasp117, which is 4 files zipped, which i was told was the answer, but it did not work for me...maybe it will for you... i have win me..is that the same as win 2000..i will try to attach the zipped files
nancy newman

here's the zipped files
Ed Hart
Honored Contributor

try this page:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareCategory.jhtml?lc=en&pagetype=software&prodId=hpcdwriter22108&sw_lang=en

If you clean house of earlier versions, I think it will run ok
"Suma Cum Difficultade"