5099 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

8320e cd-writer will not write properly

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Bodner

8320e cd-writer will not write properly

Why won't my 8230e cd-writer copy data files. I have only had it a couple of weeks. I have not tried any other kind of copying. I am trying to copy folders with many .jpg photos from my digital camera and scanner sources. I keep getting disk write errors after varying lenghts of time. When things are written out they cannot be read and sometimes tie up my desktop. I am using an USB port.

I have a Dell Dimension XPS T450 with 352mb of RAM using Windows 98se. It has a 100mb zip drive, 3.5 diskette, and a DVD-ROM drive.

I am destroying CD-R's at a terrifying rate. I cannot write CD-RW either, only tried it once. I am using "HP Record Now" and DLA (Drive Letter Access), the software supplied with the burner. I returned one burner because I thought it was defective, but the exchage is doing the same thing. I am using Memorex 700mb 80 min 4x multi speed CD-RWs and Verbatim 700mb 80 min CD-Rs 1X-16 speed. None are marked "High Speed". I also destroyed the HP CD-R and CD-RW supplied with the burner.

I have follow all the instructions as given by both software programs (I think). DLA says all CD-Rs must be formated. I format a CD-R and copy folders using DLA with many files within each. They appear to copy, but only one file within each folder is copied and that cannot be read. When trying to read the .jpg file it brings up Microsoft Photo Editor and sometimes hangs photo editor and sometimes the entire system to the point I have to power down the desktop manually.

When I try to use "Record Now" with a CD-R that has been formatted by DLA I get a message that the disk is full and I should insert a blank disk. When I use a blank disk it writes for awhile and then get disk write errors and tell me to use a new blank disk.

I read a message from someone in this forum dated July who has a Dell system very similar to mine and was having trouble. Does Dell have a problem with HP-writers or USB or both? I did not get much of an answer from Dell except for the standard "how to" help and it did not pertain to the hardware and software I am using.

What's going on. I know little old ladies who use CD-Writers with no problems.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Storage > General to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
GCPD
Advisor
Solution

Re: 8320e cd-writer will not write properly

I would put this down to PC configuration problem, you could try:
Enabling USB Function in the BIOS.
Detach any other USB device.
Disable the config.sys, autoexc.bat & load start-up group.
Uninstall any anti-virus or crash guard software.
In the device manager what is listed under 'Univerisal Serial Bus Controllers'?
Close down all TSR's ie screensaver, power management & background files.

I suffered a similar problem with a Dell Latitude, I solved the problem with a BIOS update from the Dell website.
Ti Nuez
Naum Norman

After upgrading to the latest BIOS on my Dell Inspiron 4000/Windows 2000 I still have problems with writing to a CD-R using the DLA software and my M820 CD-Writer Plus. The problem arise when I try to make the CD-R compatible; the whole process ends in advance.

I appreciate an advise in a right direction, thanks.
LindsayKatchmar

I am going absolutely crazy as I am constantly getting these erros and going through cds as well somebody please help. I am on an HP pavillion a255c and i ahve tried using RecordNow as well as many other programs..tried deleting all my song files and programs etc and i keep getting these two file errors:
Sense:0B ASC:00 ASCQ:CC (Command:55)
--------------------------------------------------
Sony CD-RW CRX215E5 (F:) ATAPI (5.0E)
PX.DLL - 1.1.0.385
PXMAS.DLL - 1.5.0.121
PXWAVE.DLL - 1.2.0.91
PXWMA.DLL - 1.0.0.3
OLEAUT32.DLL - 5.1.2600.2180
MSVBVM60.DLL - 6.0.96.90
MSCOMCTL.OCX - 6.0.88.62
MSCOMCT2.OCX - 6.0.88.4
PXHelp20.SYS - 2.2.50.0

and
IMAPI_E_GENERIC

I have no clue what to do i cannot read this computer language any help would be GREATLY appreciated