1748074 Members
5296 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

DLA and TFSWCTRL.EXE with DVD drive

david bates
Occasional Contributor

DLA and TFSWCTRL.EXE with DVD drive

I have a HP 200I DVD drive and I use the HP DLA software with Windows XP. Whenever I shutdown the PC, I see an error asbout TFSWCTRL.EXE not responding. I have searched the web and other people have the same problem. They work aroud the problem by deinstalling DLA.
Is there a fix to this problem?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Vivian Scialfa

Re: DLA and TFSWCTRL.EXE with DVD drive

Dvdbitset - only needed for making DVD+RW Discs more 'compatable' w/other computer and stand-alone DVD Players. You may use MSCONFIG
to disable (uncheack it) & re-check if needed.

Hpcdtray (or hpdvdtray) disable using MSCONFIG, use the shortcut from the destop instead.

Tfscwctrl.exe is for the DLA;
Unistall it and remove it from
starup.
(see below for full explanation thanks & Kudos to Lindsay Roy for the following explanation:)

Background task for Hewlett-Packard???s DLA software (Drive Letter Assignment). HP???s DLA gets installed when you installed the software that comes with their CD/DVD Writers. HP???s DLA is packet writing software which enables you to store data onto CD???s directly from within Windows applications, without using the actual CD Writing software (much like Roxio???s DirectCD. Many users have reported shutdown problems caused by TFSWCTRL "not responding". In all cases, since they were never using the DLA software and were instead using the CD Writing software to create their CDs, they simply de-installed HP???s DLA and that solved all their problems with TFSWCTRL.

I dont use it, but never had any problem with it.