Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753774 Members
7017 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DVD/CD-RW Drive

Debbie On

DVD/CD-RW Drive

There is something in the center of the CD tray that is preventing the CD from laying evenly. The tray itself is very delicate and I don't want to force anything. I just purchased my hp pavilion ze4300 notebook today from Best Buy and I am already starting to regret it. I've called Tech Support and their answer was for me to go back to Best Buy... I don't think the notebook is defective, there are screws holding the center-piece in place. I've just never seen anything like that, normally there is just a tray with a hole in the center, and while the CD may not be completely set in place, it is at least always laying flat. I feel like a complete idiot, someone please help me out here, diagrams..instructions anything.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Re: DVD/CD-RW Drive

Its probably a spring loaded spindle meant to hold the CD in place. This is a common 'feature' with laptops.

PRESS DOWN

The spindle should accomodate the cd.

:-)
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
BMcL23
Occasional Advisor

Caution!! Michael said: "PRESS DOWN" !! Be careful and put your other hand under the tray to prvent breaking it> BruceM
BMcL23
Occasional Advisor

Caution!! Michael said: "PRESS DOWN" !! Be careful and put your other hand under the tray to prvent breaking it, or squeeze it on, firmly. BruceM