1748218 Members
4309 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 8200e + Win2k / WinXP

Mike Baker_2

HP 8200e + Win2k / WinXP

Hi all,

I am trying to get my HP8200e to work with a Win2k and a WinXP system.

I have downloaded the latest USB drivers and I have upgraded my systems so they have the latest ASPI version of 4.7.

When I try and use a program like nero to work with the burner nero can't detect the drive. However in WinXP I can burn cdr's using XP's burning software.

Does anyone have the 8200e working with Nero? If so is there anything I should do to get it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mike
8 REPLIES 8
Eric de Lange_2
Respected Contributor

Hi Mike,

I'm not into cd-writers but is the 8200e shipped with Nero software ?

You may want to check the exact version info of Nero and check if it is compatible with Windows XP and 2K.

I have Windows XP, HP CD 8200i, Nero 5.5.5.1 (not shipped with the HP writer) and all works ok.

-Eric
Sune Larsson

Hi,
I have the same problem. I had Nero working half year ago but latest Nero release do not detect the writer.

I have seen that more people have problem and I have escaleted it to both HP and Nero. No response so far...

Look in google group for more info.

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&threadm=7787ec4b.0204281321.2a2579c3%40posting.google.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26group%3Dcomp.sys.hp.hardware
??RCE

Well, I meet this problem when I upgrade my NERO to 5.5.8.0. Before that, the HP 8200e work smoothly. So I do some testing.
After my testing, I found this problem was caused by the WNASPI32.DLL of 5580. Maybe it's a bug or something else. When I install NERO 5580, and remove WNASPI32.DLL, then restore the old WNASPI32.DLL ( I use the one of NERO5048). Great! Nero could found this USB CD-Writter. I have try to burn some CDR, everything is fine.
Hope this information is helpful for you.

PS. Attached is the WNASPI which I used...
luca_15

Hi i have the same problem, But for me is impossible download your Files (i dont know why) can you send it to me?
nosens@tin.it
Thanks a lot
Bye
Plano

I??m having the same problem, and can??t get to download that file.
Can anyone tell me how you solved this o could someone please send me that dll to conradoplano@datafull.com
Thank you
Conrado
Ted Howard
Occasional Advisor

If you look through this forum some, and through Google Groups as well, you'll see many, many people with useless CD-Writer 82xxe drives. I'm another one.
John Rancher

I got it work, by taking the advice given above! I replaced the newer version of "WNASPI32.DLL" 6-25-2002 with an older version date stamped of 3-10-2002. I'll try to upload the file that worked for my up on this site as an attachment.
Pete Fawcett

I also had this problem and traced it down to the ASPI.

However, unlike some other people who fixed it by using an older version of the Nero DLL, I downloaded the latest ASPI from www.adaptec.com and then removed the Nero version of the WNASPI32.DLL.

i.e. I am just using the Adaptec wnaspi32.dll.

I add this information as I thought the Adaptec ASPI might be easier for people to get hold of than an old Nero DLL.

(BTW, Adaptec ASPI no longer seems to check for Adaptec hardware or 'retail' software)