Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752793 Members
5856 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP CD-Writer M820 write speed problem...

Haochun Tsaichu

HP CD-Writer M820 write speed problem...

Hi there! I am having this problem with my HP CD-Writer M820. It's something like this:

I used to be able to burn at 4X (M820 is 4X/4X/20X) when creating either data or audio CD's. But recent months the writer would not write at 4X but only 2X instead. In the Nero window it says something about illegal speed for the medium. But I use the same kind of CDRs. And I tried using different kinds too but still failed at 4X.

At first when the problem was emerging, when I got an error that said illegal speed, I could wait for maybe 10-20 minutes and let the drive cool down. I then would be able to write at 4X. But now this won't work anymore. I had to write at 2X. And it seems that this past few days, even writing at 2X will not proceed. I am afraid it will only let me write at 1X and then in the near future I can throw this burner away! :(

Sorry for the rambling... So what is the problem and how can I solve it? Thanks in advance.

Haochun
3 REPLIES 3
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: HP CD-Writer M820 write speed problem...

Hello,

I don't know your answer to your question, but I suggest you contact HP customer care. I am providing the link for you:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/nonjsnav/hpcdwriter20788.html

Follow the appropriate links afterwards.

Hope you solve your problem,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
Nathan Nishiki

I have had the same problem too. Now my cd writer does not even write at all. If you have any information please let me know.
THanks
Nathan
javamaster

Hit it hard and then when putting the media push the HP logo to recognize the media. Bad design I guess
no