1752801 Members
5496 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP8200e Nero and XP

Fabrizio_12
Occasional Contributor

HP8200e Nero and XP

I have Windows XP and last version of NERO (5.5.10.0) with HP Cd-Writer Plus 8200e.
I can record CD-R only in Track at Once mode while I get error in DAO mode both in data ("SCSI/IDE command aborted") and in Audio recording ("where I get Buffer Underrun").

The error is quite sistematic (in Audio recording occurs at the end of the simulation phase -probably when he has finished to copy the tracks- (always between 94% and 100& of the phase as function of the files volume).
I have reinstalled the drivers, closing all the applications, but nothing changed.
Since I tested the HP 8200 on my notebook with Nero and XP and the error occurs again I am suspecting that possibly the firmware (1.0f) got corrupted or worst the CD writed has ome problem.
Is that possible ? Can I get the firmware ?

Note: my system consists of a AThlon 700 MHz on Asus A7V and 384 MB Ram

In case someone is interested I am attaching the log othe error in Data mode (but is quite identical in Audio mode ..)

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Ed Hart
Honored Contributor

You probably need to go here, study this stuff, and do what you must. Xp doesn't always work 100% with older stuff...

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg40448.html

good luck
"Suma Cum Difficultade"
Henning Jensen

I have the same expirence with win98 and HP8200i on my old PII 400 BX machine.

I just wondered if it is Nero, as changing back to easy-cd -> problem gone.
And a lot of usefull functionality gone.

BTW. installation of the old SW sucks. Why is Acroread version 3.1 installed without any question.
Kacey
Occasional Advisor

http://www.peregrine.com.my/tech/wnaspi32.dll

download that wnaspi32.dll file and if u need ot find it u can search on google to find the .dll file, then put it in ur nero folder of whatever version and you're set