Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1748106 Members
4914 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nero do not recognize my Hp 8200e cd-rw

J P Robidoux

Nero do not recognize my Hp 8200e cd-rw

I am using Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition and it does not recognize my Writer. I have winxp pro, easy CD&DVD creator 6 platinum(works just fine) why is it that Nero does not ? I have put the files nerocdnt.sys in the win\system\drivers, and did look for scsi1hlp.vxd and it is not present . Any help would be appreciated

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp forum moderator

6 REPLIES 6
Caesar_3
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nero do not recognize my Hp 8200e cd-rw

Hello!

Check in your edition of nero that this
model suported by him ar maybe you need to
download patch for.

Caesar
RLegg
Regular Advisor

From previously unresolved CDRW problems, my impression was that Roxio and Nero SW were incompatible on the same platform.

Both Mfrs described processes for scrubbing the other's SW out of the system.

This may have been resolved.

RL
J P Robidoux

I have uninstall the Ultra Edition and reinstalled the ver: 5.5.7.2 Bundle and it worked . I guest I will stay with that version and never mind the upgrades or updates . Tks for all your advices
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
i had the same problem, and i had to stay to version 5.0.4.8 of nero, and it do the job.

I foud the reason: Nero says that they have changed some api, and that HP was supposed to have them built in, also for the 8200 series.

But that was not the case, so se must keep to the old version. I guess that, when you installed the new nero, maybe you saw the drive but all other operation were grayed out.

Sorry for being late with the answer, but maybe you were interested the same :)

Massimo
Kacey
Occasional Advisor

I found mine works w/ the nero version 6 when u take an old dll file from older nero and replace the new ones, for some reason it seems to work, don't ask me why, but I think they rebugged newer versions of nero instead of debugged :P

Kacey
Kacey
Occasional Advisor

http://www.peregrine.com.my/tech/wnaspi32.dll

I found the file, go and get the wnaspi32.dll or search on google and find it to dl. Then replace it in the nero drivers folder