108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Omnistorage working incorrectly

Efim Kushnir
Frequent Advisor

Omnistorage working incorrectly

Hello dear friends,
sorry for my English,

we have the next system - D220 with HP-UX 10.20 and SureStore Optical 40fx under control of OmniStorage 2.20.

This SW in parent application was be installed with default options and for all the time nobody doesn't any changes.

The system is make writes on file system only throught big files (10-12 Mb).

The system was be installed and normal working already 2 year.

Some times ago one employee in during work of system unplug one MO-disk from system without some options in program, using buttons of Optical Library, and use the such method does insert back.

The it reasons is stay very strange but now we have the next situations:

1. HW - Ok.
2. Jmd - working.
3. All MO-disks after reboot D220 was change status from "Internal" on "Onsite" and was lost given and volume names.

After it I do the next actions for repair of normal working of system:

1. Suspended drive of MO Library
2. To start the process of inventory MO-disks
3. Unsuspended drive of MO Library
4. Restore of name of MO-volumes and binds to FS

After it actions the files from primary FS the was good migrated on secondary FS (MO-disks).

But after it I have the next situation:

I can see information about files on FS's from OmniStorage, AdvancedServer and FTP but I can't nave access to it files. How I do try get access to it files and directories througth AdvancedServer or FTP the process
of it not response.

I was try use the "rebuild" command for repair of MO-FS, but it command not execute to end and stopped by reason of error of MO-FS.

Regret I have only some experience in default installation of OmniStorgae and newer use tuning options and troubleshooting of it SW.

So, what dear Sirs can advise in this situation for recovery datas on MO-disks and normal work of it system.

Regards,
Efim.
Look for the answers, do not stop !