Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753651 Members
6066 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem making disaster recovery set with 9140i on Vectra VL400 with W2K

Jeffrey Couperus

Problem making disaster recovery set with 9140i on Vectra VL400 with W2K

I installed the CD Writer in windows 2000 with out any problems and it works fine. I also elected to install simple backup 4.2 to make a disaster recovery set. It backs up to the CD fine but gets caught in a loop while attempting to make the boot diskettes. The first disk writes OK and it then prompts to insert the second formatted disk. It then writes that disk but again prompts for the second disk. If I insert a new disk it writes the same files as it wrote to the previous 2nd disk and prompts for the second disk again. I cannot get past it without cancelling the operation and am unable to make a boot disk set. Has anyone else used simple backup 4.2 with W2K professional and are there any peculiarities. When it asked me for system files it couldn't find them on the restore disk that came with the computer but did find them on the C drive and proceed. I'm assuming that was OK. HP tech support didn't know anything about the software and referred me to Veritas who referred me back to HP because its private labeled. Any help would be appreciated since we ship many costum systems and the disaster recovery worked great and proved to be a life saver on NT4.0.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator