Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753487 Members
4127 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Surestore Optical 40FX Firmware

Kyle_11

Surestore Optical 40FX Firmware

I was using the hp library and tape tools program to update the firmware, and the program gave an error and then closed out. Now the Jukebox always displays DNLD on the front, and will never do anything else. The HP library and tape tools doesn't recognize it as a supported HP product anymore. I was just wondering it is pretty much trashed now, or is there a way to reset the firmware?

4 REPLIES 4
John Griffith_3
Valued Contributor

Hi Kyle,
Actually there was recently a very similair posting, although yours is a bit different.

The key to this will be what happens when you power cycle the unit.

What you can try to do is select the product type manually and use the overrides to select the "overwrite product id" option and then we can try selecting the appropriate firmware file to recover the device.

This will all depend upon what the units front panel displays after the power cycle.

Also this will require a password for LTT. I would ask that you please submit the event log from the tool from when the firmware download failed to the LTT team via email (the email option is available in the tool). From there I can use your email address this further.

Thanks,
John
Kyle_11

Unfortunately I can't submit the event log from when it failed, because the only event logs that it shows now is how it is detecting the jukebox now. It's detecting it as a C17, which it says is not supported by HP. I'll attach that event log, just in case it is helpful. When I power cylce the Jukeobox, it goes rigth back to having the letters DNLD on it, it doesn't perform any tests.

Thanks for your help,

Kyle
Kyle_11

Also, I can't actually e-mail the file, since the support tab is disabled now, since it says that it is not a supported hp product. Could you help me get the factory override password?

Thanks for your help,

Kyle
Jan Klier
Respected Contributor

Kyle,

Please send the e-mail to ltt_team@hp.com - we can then provide you with a factory override password.

The forums software doesn't allow us to respond to you via e-mail, and for obvious reasons we rather not post passwords on the forums.