Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752815 Members
5804 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

TERRIBLE!

dave undewood

TERRIBLE!

For the last two days I have been trying to fix the problems that HP's new XP drivers for the 8220/8230e drive caused my computer. Now my internal cd-rom drive won't load, and it says that the registry has become damaged (code 19) as a result. Of course, I can't uninstall - then reinstall the device for it without the CD, which won't load in the first place, and I'll probably have to reinstal xp! There were HUGE problems with this drive even using W2000.
THANKS ALOT HP. THAT'S THE LAST PRODUCT I BUY FROM YOU.
3 REPLIES 3
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: TERRIBLE!

hey listen dave, this isn't the place to post your complaints, this is a public forum not hp complaints department.

Most people who post and read here do not work for hp and are customers just like you. (and are not really interested in your windows problems)

I suggest you post your complaints to abuse@microsoft.com

Later,
Bill

It works for me (tm)
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Hi Dave,

Your problem is not HP, but the same problem all too many of us have had. Windows. Windows has a bad habit of overwriting important files when you try to upgrade,install or anything with all too many products. I had a Gateway - I downloaded a driver I needed for something...and poof my DVD was gone. I had to reload Windows.
You might try using Microsoft Online Tech FAQ. Sometimes they have helped me...and so far they are not charging for using it. But give Bill G. time - he'll find a way to start charging for that too.
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/

...here's some I found for restoring the registry on XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/search_wizard/searchwizard_frame.asp?prodid=winxp&SD=GN&FR=0&LN=EN-US

Hope this helps get you started,
Rit
JOSEPH REED

Apon trying to get HP to honor thier warantee through thier e-mail support, they asked me the SAME questions over and over and over again without clearly reading my complaint, which was that my notebook LCD was flicking out randomly, obviiously an issue with the wire-tape in the hinge of the lid. They finally told me that I had to sign a service agreement that states they may deem the issue "user damage" and hold my pc until I payed 700 dollars for a new screen. When I tried to express my issues with this contract, they told me my warantee was over and to go to the store where I got an extended warantee....problem is that the store sends it to HP, where they can still pull the same scam anyway. The real kick in the ass is that a phone rep told me that the dates they have in the data-base are the dates the pc's left the factory shipper, AND I am holding a reciept from only 8 months ago to prove they are trying to scam me. I can't even explain how angry I am about this, I am not a rich man and I depend on my computer to make my living...I am not about to sign my rights over and mail my computer to the other side of the country, I may as well start saving to pay for the repairs at a reputable local shop.

dont trust the repair techs