Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752822 Members
4235 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

The 8200, Nero, and "wnaspi32.dll"

Samir_14

The 8200, Nero, and "wnaspi32.dll"

I've seen this all over the internet but I'll post it again so someone else might see it. There are also references to this problem in another part of the hp forum but I cant find where it was. Anyways the problem is that Nero and apparently some other programs don't recognize the 8200. It seems that the new version of "wnaspi32.dll" that ships with more recent software is incompatible with the device driver. I downloaded the drivers off the hp page recently and it was dated in '99 so I don't think it is really actively maintained. I have replaced my file and can add my vote that it works. It took me about 40 minutes of chasing broken links to get it but I managed to find it. It was actually in another thread in this forum. I lost the link as I mentioned earlier. I don't really know what fixes or improvements there are in the dll file but I don't really care as long as it makes cd. It's too bad though because even though the drive is slow nowadays, it's pretty rock solid. I've had it for a really long time and it's never made a single bad cd... and I use it all the time. Anyways, keep looking for that file it should fix the problem.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator