1757029 Members
1942 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

dvd writer dvd300e

Roberto Zenteno
Occasional Contributor

dvd writer dvd300e

I'm having a problem with this external dvd writer. I've been trying to do a system backup with the HP Software that came with it. The process gets started and the progress bar increases normally but then it just stops and hangs my system. I just re-installed my system, applied all the sp's and the rest. I can not seem to be able to do this process. and what is worst the media gets unusable. This are DVD-+RW media, and I can't reformat them I tried using Roxio 6 and I would just get the error on the immage attached. I could not format them with either a quick or a full process. So I don't know how should I resolve this. Could this be a hardware problem? Any sugestions?

Thanks,

Roberto,
1 REPLY 1
CA1118515
Advisor

Re: dvd writer dvd300e

Hope the suggestion is not too late,
Anyway the fact is that you are using another SW wich has DCD attatched, and the original Sw has an format tool different.
I would tell you to try to use the original SW in order to get the error message if one is in use, then you can reported it and the help will come.
From the error message i would say SW problems, anyway update the firmware for the drive, and use the SW shipped with the unit for testing purposes, and if by any chance the issue gets solved, when installing the ECDC leave DCD behind...just a clue.
It can perfectly be HW problems, but it is strange if the problem is only with DVD+RWs when formating them...