Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752815 Members
6063 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp cd-writer problem

Jean Sampson

hp cd-writer problem

A couple of months ago my computer developed an intermittant problem. When trying to copy images from "My Documents" to a CD in the usual way it would scan the images and they would appear on the temporary file as usual, but when clicking on "copy to CD" an error message appears which tells me that there is no CD in the tray when there is. This is an intermittant problem and the cd writer drive was replaced last week with a new Sony writer. The problem still persists. Yesterday I managed to copy some images, today I cannot. I have tried different blank CDs and the discs are put in the correct way. This makes no difference Any suggestions?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Photo Systems Optical Jukeboxes & Drives - HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelJRuff
Trusted Contributor

Hello Jean,

This is caused by different drives will reconise only some disks due to different codes on the unburnt disc, or faulty CD's.

Regards Michael
If it not broken, don't repair it
Ashish_21
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean,

This could happend due to various reasons. I would like to know somethings like,

1. Which software are you using to copy the CD.

2. Is the media an RW or R.

3. When did you see this first and do you remeber any thing that you have done differently before getting the message.

4. Please specifiy the exact error message which comes on the screen.

Regards,
Ashish Nair
(Points Appreciated!!)
Win The Match!! ;-)
Jean Sampson

I have since found that the new discs I recently purchased do not seem to give me this problem so I have deduced that it was something to do with a box of discs that were not up to standard.
Ashish_21
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean,

I am happy to see that you have solved the issue.

Regards,
Ashish Nair
Win The Match!! ;-)