Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752611 Members
4366 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

mitsumi 48x5te won't work

camilla

mitsumi 48x5te won't work

i have a pavilion 7920 with a mitsumi 48x5te cdr burner, but it will not recognize any kind of disc i put in. Not a data disc, a game disc, music, or blank disc. I've burned things before using this burner, but in the last month it hasn't worked. i put in a cd, the light starts out green, but then flashes orange and will continue doing that till i take the cd out. if i try to start the program or get info off of it, my computer says to put in the cd, or that there is no cd in the drive. um, does anyone have any ideas? r there any updates i can get or anyplace i can get a driver for it? I originally had ME on my pc but switched to XP Home. thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Re: mitsumi 48x5te won't work

Hello,

The Mitsumi CD writer should get to steady orange when it succssfully reads a CD, not flashing orange. I think the writer went bad.

I suggest you try to clean the lens of the CD writer, there are many cleaning kits available. If that does not work, replace the writer. That is a pretty old model and nowadays you can buy the really fast ones at a very cheap price.

HTH,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!