7590 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProCurve Manager PCM Download

lakend
Occasional Contributor

HP ProCurve Manager PCM Download

Hi,

I am under the expression that there are two HP ProCurve Manager versions. The free PCM and the licensed PCM+. I have been trying to find out information about the free PCM and how to get it but the information is very scarce. It has been pretty hopeless to find anything collective information from HP sites and I have been Googling but have only been able to find bits of information here and there from HP-sites. 

I think my company has, at some point, had a licenced version but it has been "lost in time".. and I would like to start with the free PCM version.

I would appreciate any help to find a download

Regs.

lakend

14 REPLIES 14
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor

Hi,

You can download a 60-day trial version of PCM+ 3.20

• Select Product Brand as "ProCurve"
  • Select Product Type as "Network Management / Security Software"
  • Select Product Series as "HP PCM Plus Network Management Software Series"
  • Select Product Name as whatever version you want to try.  Since it's a trial license I'd recommend going for it with the "J9177A - HP PCM+ v3 Software with Unlimited Device License", as you can attach any license to it (e.g. 50 device license) after the trial period is up and it will just limit its scope to the licensed number of devices at that time.
  • Select Software downloads under the Warranty Support section; this will pop up a new window.
  • Click the Select icon for the appropriate C.03.20 build (32 or 64 bit).
  • Click the Download button on the page navigated to.

During the first 60 days after installation you will have access to all PCM+ features.  At the end of that time you can decide whether you want to continue to use PCM+, which would require you to purchase a license, or the "free" PCM.  If you go with the free product you still have to register with HP but you don't have to pay anything.  My understanding is that there is a description of the difference in features between the two in the User's Guide, which you can inspect during the trial period, but that basically the free product limits you to 50 devices and a subset of features which are mostly geared around monitoring your network rather than actively managing it.

Regards,

SVB

GerardD

From the Procurve Manager getting started guide:

The HP ProCurve Manager Plus Features

HP ProCurve Manager offers the basic functionality required by most IT organizations for network management. HP ProCurve Manager Plus includes all these features as well as the set of advanced features described on the next page. For more detailed information on these features and their uses, please see the

HP ProCurve Manager Network Administrator’s Guide that is included on the product CD.

Basic Features – with PCM

Network status summary:

Upon boot-up, a Network Status screen displays high-level information on network devices, end nodes, events, and traffic levels, all on one screen. From here, you can drill down on any one of these areas to get specific details.

Alerts and troubleshooting:

An Events Summary displays alerts and categorizes them by severity, making it easier to track where bottlenecks and issues exist in the network. Alert details provides information on the problem, even down to the specific port.

Automatic device discovery:

Customized for fast discovery of all HP ProCurvemanageablenetwork devices. Youcan also define specific IP subnets and VLANs on which to perform discovery.

Network Topology and mapping:

Automatically creates amap of discovered network devices. Maps are color-coded to reflect device status and can be viewed at multiple levels (physical view, subnet view, or VLAN view).

Device management:

Many device-focused tasks can be per-formed directly by the software, or you can access web and command-line interfaces with the click of a button to manage individual devices from inside the PCM Client.

Advanced Features – with PCM+

The ProCurve Manager Plus (PCM+) package includes all of the functionality of PCM, along with advanced functionality that can dramatically improve the performance of an IT organization.

Network Traffic Analysis:

The Traffic Monitor helps you collect, measure, and analyze data about enterprise network traffic. Traffic Monitor allows you to quickly identify issues, isolate problems, and optimize resource usage.

The Traffic Monitor interface provides detailed information on traffic throughout the network. Leveraging enhanced traffic analysis protocols such as XRMON, you can monitor overall traffic levels, network segments with the highest traffic, or even the top users within a network segment.

VLAN Management:

The VLAN Manager in PCM+ provides a single tool to create, track, and manage VLANs on your network. The VLAN management interface lets you create and assign VLANs across the entire network, without having to access each network device individually. The VLAN Manager also provides Wizards for creating VLANs, and modifying VLAN configuration, significantly reducing the likelihood of error in working with VLANs.

Configuration Management:

The Configuration Manager in PCM+ automatically tracks and logs configuration changes. You can archive configurations, and then, for example roll back to a knowngood configuration ifany configuration changes cause any problems. Configurations can also be compared over time or between two devices, with differences automatically highlighted for you.

This functionality helps significantly decrease unplanned net-work downtime and reduce the number of repetitive, configuration tasks that consume hours of your valuable time.

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

I have  just  recieved my license keys for PCM 4.0  but they dont men tion where to get the download

anyone know the download  location for  a licesend user?

ddecoursey@eriecountygov.org

thanks

Hers a pinch to grow an inch
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor

Hi Dan,

When I follow the link posted in one of the earlier posts (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/home ) it takes me to a page where I can search for information on HP Networking support resources.  If I type "pcm" into the "Auto Search" box I get a bunch of results for PCM v4.  When I select a license type for PCM v4 and hit the "Display Selected" button it shows me information for that version of PCM v4, and then I can click the "Software Downloads" link to chose whether I want the 32-bit or 64-bit version.  Hopefully this will work for you too ...

Regards,

SVB

kadambiv
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I recently downloaded  C.03.20_PCM-Software-0320-x64 PCM-64 Bit onto  win2k8-r2 as per instruction in the below thread. Installation seemed to go smoothly but when I try to launch I get the following error:

Could not start the HP ProCurve Network Manager Server service on Local Computer

Error 1075:  The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

In the Event viewer i see this error message

The HP ProCurve Network Manager Server service depends the following service: HP ProCurve Datastore. This service might not be installed.

I am not sure what this means and how to resolve this.

Have any one experienced this same problem ? What is the fix ? 

Regards

VK

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello VK,

Does the ProCurve Datastore service exist under your services? If not something might have gone wrong in your installation, and it would be worth trying to re-install.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
kadambiv
Occasional Visitor

Hi Justin,

I do not see the services. I tried reinstallign multiple times but does not see to work? Does this service look for any standard port to be available ? Is that causing the problem during installation?

Thanks

VK

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello VK,

You really don't see any "HP ProCurve ..." services when checking in the Admin Tools > Services? That's odd... are you sure there's nothing interfering with installation, like some software that's been installed on the server, such as an antivirus or antimalware that's blocking the services? I'd think you should be getting errors during installation if the services aren't even installed.

If that doesn't help it would be great if you could open a case with support.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
cepacs
Occasional Contributor

Does PCM or PCM+ have the ability to send alerts to my email account?