1748195 Members
3459 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

PCM 4.0 & Mobility Manager with MSM 6.2

Pete W
Valued Contributor

PCM 4.0 & Mobility Manager with MSM 6.2

I've got an existing PCM+4.0 with Mobility Manager install (both fully patched at time of writing), and a pair of MSM765 controllers running MSM 6.2. It seems that this latest version of PCM+/MM is not able to discover/monitor MSM controllers and APs running version 6.2.

Can anybody else confirm or deny this - or have a resolution for the issue?

Regards,

Pete

13 REPLIES 13
L_DELHOMME
Occasional Advisor

Re: PCM 4.0 & Mobility Manager with MSM 6.2

Hy ! We've got the very same issue running PCM+ 4.00.06 with PMM.

We can see the controller (MSM-765zl running 6.2.0 version) but no wireless options are available. Using the "refresh wireless configuration" button on the controller gives the following message : "MM does not provide wireless configuration capabilities for the selected tree item".

The "refresh wireless configuration" and "refresh wireless assoc." options have disappeared from the controller's contextual menu.

In the first time, as soon as we updated the firmware, all our AP (310 and 430) moved red to not available. I made a backup of the database, deleted the controller (which deleted all AP in the same time) and rediscover it again, but since only the controller shows up.

Any help would be appreciated !

Regards,

Marc

Pete W
Valued Contributor

I get exactly the same behavior as you describe ("MM does not provide wireless configuration capabilities for the selected tree item").

BTW, since posting, I've located the following PDF:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02664017-9%257CdocLocale%253D&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

This states that MM 4.0 AU3 is compatible with MSM 5.7.1, however there is no mention of MSM 6.2.

Might be time to migrate over to IMC ...

Regards,

Pete

L_DELHOMME
Occasional Advisor

According to this document PMM 4.0 AU5 supports now 6.0 firmware.

I noticed that testing the communication parameters in PCM for the MSM controller shows a SOAP version 2.7

I also noticed that in the following foler c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PNM\pcm-agent\...\config\colubrissoap there is a file colubrissoap.properties in which the 2.7.0 SOAP version is not referenced. Adding a similar line for the 2.7 didn't help..

About IMC I think I won't wait the end of summer 2015.. indeed !!

But will it work with IMC ??

regards,

Marc

HowardGriffith
Visitor

Hi Guys.  I'm using PCM+ 4, with 6.2 on my 765zl controller.  I cannot monitor it either.  IT worked fine when the controller was at 5.7 and 6.0 but as soon as upgraded to 6.2 we can no longer manage the controller or APs.  I placed called into HP in Dec and they told me that PCM does not yet support 6.2 and they could not give me a date as to when it would.  Their suggestion was to downgrade the controller to 5.7!!!

Seriously HP ?!?!?!

So is anybody running IMC and knows if it will monitor the MSM controllers?

Thanks,

Howard

L_DELHOMME
Occasional Advisor

Hi.

We are planning to upgrade to IMC but, as you, we are not sure that it can handle MSM Controller & AP running a 6.2 fw.

I will install IMC Std (trial mode) in the next few days, and post my result here.. unless sbdy else already have the answer !

Marc

thhorna
Occasional Advisor

Same Problem here... since Update to 6.2.0.0 our PCM+4.0 latest update 6 Version cannot work anymore with MSM Controllers.

What i have found out is that when i use Device Access -> Device Manager, i get SOAP Error. My Controller tells in log this:
"Date Level Program Message
Jan 22 21:02:27.014 warn websoap Error accepting SSL connection. FaultString : SSL_ERROR_SSL error:140890B2:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_CERTIFICATE:no certificate returned, Details : SSL_accept() failed in soap_ssl_accept() "

There should be dummy certificate for PCM+ and Controller to "privately" speak with each other, but i guess this is not working anymore. I cannot find nothing in config to change that, and i simply do not have time to make case and get some fix for this...

I guess the Stance from HP team is "that if i have Update 6 for PCM+4, and since only version 6.0.0.0 is supported..."

L_DELHOMME
Occasional Advisor

@thhorna : are you using HP Guest Management Software ? I am facing similar problem.

In any case, it doesn't change anything since we can't manage the controller anymore..

TW_Nighty
Advisor

Hey all,

-Fix is availeble-

I can confirm PCM 4+ Update 6 does not support msm firmware above 6.0.0.0

All mentioned errors and symptoms in your posts are a result of this.

There have been rumors about update 7 for pcm4+ but getting reliable answers from HP has proven difficult.

I received a patch/fix for PCM4+ update 6, the fix resolved all my issues.

Call HP and explain your issue.

Referencing my cases might speed things up.

-casenr: 4728198727

-casenr: 4726454009

Make sure you are entiteled to use the newer MSM765 firmware's, if you are not entitled to use the newer firmware HP will not help you and you should downgrade.

The file you are looking for is an updated version of "mm.interfaces.jar"

my current working setup:

PCM4+ update6 + msm6.2/6.3 fix

MSM765 team running firmware 6.3.0.0-15824

All mobility features work like i am used to. no issues.

Please obtain the mentioned fix via HP.

Regards,

Ton

L_DELHOMME
Occasional Advisor

Hi !

Thank you so much ! I will try to get this patch from HP.

Regards,

Marc