1748092 Members
5971 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to download device software version list.

JamesBray
Occasional Contributor

Unable to download device software version list.

I've been working on PCM this week to set up some new vlans, and I realised that some of my switches needed firmware updates.

However at the moment when I go to "Tools > Preserences > Configuration Management" and hit "Download now" to get the latest software list, I am getting a "Failed trying to retrieve file" message.

I've done some research and it seems that it pulls the firmware list from the following location on the HP ftp:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/procurve_firmware.prp

I am able to browse to that software folder on the FTP, but the procurve_firmware.prp file doesn't seem to be present. I first noticed this about 24 hours ago from now, so 10:00 AM GMT on the 31st of May 2016.

Any idea why this file is missing, and when it is likely to return?

2 REPLIES 2
musd
Visitor

Re: Unable to download device software version list.

Same problem here.  Anyone from HPE out there???

musd
Visitor

Re: Unable to download device software version list.

I'm thinking that PCM may have turned into a pumpkin prematurely... The End of Sale notice shows that no maintenance contracts are being sold past 7/1/2015 which means that as of 7/1/2016 no one will have a valid support contract.  I guess I finally have to move to the less user friendly IMC...

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/products/eos/PCM_Plus_End_of_Sale_Announcement.pdf