Patches
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Express 11.31i A16

SOLVED
Go to Solution

Internet Express 11.31i A16

I need a copy of Internet Express version A16 for HP-UX 11.31i if anyone has a copy? I opened a ticket and HP claims they don't keep a copy of the old version when the latest is released. "I couldn't even get a copy if I wanted one".

Something major changed in libcurl between 7.21 and 7.24 and I need to fallback and of course, don't have A16 any longer.

It's free so I don't see license issue.

6 REPLIES
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: Internet Express 11.31i A16

Highlighted

I tried grabbing 7.21 direct from source and it would not compile using /bin/cc. I then downloaded 7.22, same thing. I installed gcc, was able to compile curl 7.22 (still not 7.21), although the bins and libs were created as ELF-32.

/usr/lib/hpux64/libcurl.so:     ELF-32 shared object file - IA64

I had the developers try just the same and they get "Mismatched ABI for -lcurl". I downloaded 7.26 from the porting site and it shows as 32 as well.

I checked another host running the iexpress A.18 package and of course it shows as 64:

/opt/iexpress/curl/lib/hpux64/libcurl.so:       ELF-64 shared object file - IA64

If I just had the iexpress A.16 package for 11.31i...

Acclaimed Contributor Acclaimed Contributor

[ Edited ]

>although the bins and libs were created as ELF-32.

>/usr/lib/hpux64/libcurl.so:     ELF-32 shared object file - IA64

If you need a 64 bit version, you would have to compile with -mlp64.  I'm not sure why the 32 bit was put in a hpux64 directory?

Excellent! The mlp64 flag has resulted in a 64bit lib. I might not be able to get the Developers to TEST this over the weekend, although I will reply when I know more.

Thanks again...

[ Edited ]

With 7.22 the Developers actually received a different curl error (35 opposed to 7), although they were able to work around it.

I don't know what change introduced the issue as of yet, but I have to move forward for now to meet a deadline. I hope to circle back in a couple weeks to find what the exact problem was.

Thanks for your time and help.

Acclaimed Contributor Acclaimed Contributor

>Thanks for your time and help.

If you're happy with your answers, please click on the Kudos star of the helpful answers.