Patches
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is mean "The kernel will be re-builton the local system " when install ISOIMAGE-ENH

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Advisor

What is mean "The kernel will be re-builton the local system " when install ISOIMAGE-ENH

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

I downloaded GlancePlus as Iso and I tried to mount it with lvcreate but no luck so I choose to install  ISOIMAGE-ENH tool.

it went fine and there was no issues . It was on Test , I'm planning to do the same on production servers.

My probelm I saw on message when install ISOIMAGE-ENH " The kernel will be re-built on the local system when install ISOIMAGE-ENH" which scared me .

what is this message about and it will affect production server?

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > System Administration to HP-UX > patches. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Acclaimed Contributor Acclaimed Contributor

Re: What is meant by "The kernel will be re-built" when installing ISOIMAGE-ENH

[ Edited ]

>The kernel will be re-built on the local system when install ISOIMAGE-ENH" which scared me .

>what is this message about and it will affect production server?

It means it has to regen the kernel and reboot.

I don't remember doing that when I installed that product but it was long ago.  Perhaps I had a later kernel?

If you can't reboot your production system, perhaps you should burn a DVD.

Or reboot your test system and then mount your ISO image and then swcopy the SD bundle off it it or just use swreg and then access it remotely.

4 REPLIES

[ Edited ]

>The kernel will be re-built on the local system when install ISOIMAGE-ENH" which scared me .

>what is this message about and it will affect production server?

It means it has to regen the kernel and reboot.

I don't remember doing that when I installed that product but it was long ago.  Perhaps I had a later kernel?

If you can't reboot your production system, perhaps you should burn a DVD.

Or reboot your test system and then mount your ISO image and then swcopy the SD bundle off it it or just use swreg and then access it remotely.

Advisor

Thank you for your update . Sorry what you mean By "regen the kernel"

Yes I can reboot the system . I found many dependencies need to be instaled , is this the reason ?.

ISOIMAGE-ENH     ->   B.11.31.06      ISO Image mount Enhancem ^ x               
xx            PHCO_39672       ->   1.0             CDFS mount(1M) cumulativ   x               
xx            PHCO_39673       ->   1.0             mount(1m) patch            x               
xx            PHCO_39674       ->   1.0             umount(1M) cumulative pa   x               
xx            PHCO_39675       ->   1.0             mount_cdfs(1M) man page    x               
xx                                                                             x               
xx                                                        

How can I use the swcopy ?!!

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: What is mean "The kernel will be re-builton the local system " when install ISOIMAGE-E

Thanks . I used swreg then install it remotely.

>I found many dependencies need to be installed, is this the reason?

Exactly.

>How can I use the swcopy?

Just use swcopy to copy from the mounted ISO to a directory:

swcopy -x enforce_dependencies=false -s /dev/dvd "*" @ /path-to-directory

>Thanks.  I used swreg then install it remotely.

If you're happy with your answers, please click on the Kudos star for each helpful answer.