Performance Center Support and News Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error

Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error

There is a requirement in our project where a particular site should be accessed by any windows local user (The user name is not specific and only criteria is that username should be a local user). The system throws access denied error if it finds the user belongs to any domain groups. I created a local user and accessed the site manually with no problems but when it comes to load runner. I receive 401 Authorization error.

I have tried many options out of which few of main options I am listing below

1) Played the script with WinInet replay engine for which I receive following error
Error -27492: "HttpSendRequest" failed, Windows error code=12045 (invalid Certification Authority) and retry limit (0) exceeded for URL="https://xyz.com

I know this is related to invalid/unverified certificate presented by server is there any way to bypass this error.

2) Recorded the script with WinInet engine and replayed with both sockets and wininet engine

3) Manually I have set the local user in the script using web_set_user(“machinename\\username”,”password”,”server:port”); as well tried “Use Windows NTLM Implementation” in Run time settings – > preferences – >options
Played the script through logging in as same user

4) Placed web_set_sockets_option("SSL_VERSION","TLS"); which I found after analyzing recording logs and was able to successfully negotiate/handshake manually with the settings applied in sockets option

5) Went through all the KB articles related to NTLM listed at HP support

Please note that in my previous assignment I had a similar NTLM Authentication requirement except that the user was a domain group one and the site was plain HTTP hosted on IIS where I was able to play the script successfully for more then 100 Vusers

As a basis for start please find below the header information from my previous project and current project (In which I am facing the issue)

Header information for NTLM with HTTPS (Current Project)

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized\r\n
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 04:20:26 GMT\r\n
Server: Oracle-Application-Server-10g/10.1.2.2.0 Oracle-HTTP-Server\r\n
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=dfa863d232de0e579b63e2308b817a35eea115d43e015802925292cbb537a420.e38Oa38KbNiSci0Pb3uQbxqObhv0n6jAmljGr5XDqQLvpAe;
path=/sso; secure\r\n
Cache-Control: private\r\n
WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate\r\n
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="SSO"\r\n
Connection: close\r\n
Transfer-Encoding: chunked\r\n
Content-Type: application/octet-stream\r\n

Header information for NTLM with HTTP (Previous project)

HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\n
Action.c( Cache-Control: max-age=2592000\r\n
Content-Length: 52\r\n
Content-Type: image/gif\r\n
Last-Modified: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:06:37 GMT\r\n
Accept-Ranges: bytes\r\n
ETag: "c05a8cade57c61:5897"\r\n
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0\r\n
MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 6.0.2.6568\r\n
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET\r\n
WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate oYGgMIGdoAMKAQChCwYJKoZIgvcSAQICooGIBIGFYIGCBgkqhkiG9xIBAgICAG9zMHGgAwIBBaEDAgEPomUwY6ADAgEXolwEWjWFaVgp4N4mCfH7+6tW0clID+KqztazVF1nfTPgAUXqx2vKF5+p+zosRcWW1rde8gZLbwWMeafEvGHr9MUxENyIDlG3W0tTuWdRsVIFg0OkVbfo9mJADDSIUg==\r\n

You are resource limited only by your imagination
5 REPLIES

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error

what function u are using for certficate? Also u need to convert your certificate to .pem type
Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Error

Hi Jyoti,

The certificate presented by the server is invalid and manually we bypass it by adding it to exception. In LR as u told I have tried all options used both web_set_cer and web...set..ex
functions but still same response.
You are resource limited only by your imagination
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Er

Hi ,

I am getting same error while replay  " Invalid NTLM type 2 message: NTLM" Please help how to over come this.

Thanks,

Ashwini

Occasional Visitor

Re: Unable to playback Vugen script which contains NTLM authentication with a HTTPS SSO site. 401 Er

Did you hever get an solution to your problem?

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Can you please try in Wininet level of replay instead of socket