Do you mean 

Collection Script

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Highlighted
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Collection Script

Hi All.

I need to do a full audit of a customer site. The customer has a mixture of Alpha Servers running Tru-64 and old Compaq Proliant servers running Windows. The former I don't have a problem with, but am wondering if there is a collection script available that I can run on the Proliant servers that will give me a fairly good indication of hardware, patch levels and software installed on these Windows servers.

Thanks

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
4 REPLIES
Respected Contributor Respected Contributor

Re: Collection Script

Andrew,

I would suggest downloading SYDI from http://sydiproject.com/. You will need administrator level permissions on all of the servers you want to run this against. This is a large vb script using WMI calls to pull a complete server documentation together. The remaining details are left to you to complete, such as customer name, physical address, etc. This can be saved in a Word doc or xml file for each server, then can be compiled into a large html page linking to each of the server xml files.

Kick the tires, give it a test drive.

Hope this helps,

Neal

Hi Neal.

Thanks for that. I will will look into it this weekend.

As alternative I have got copies of the various different MPSRPT scripts from Microsoft which I can use.

Thanks again

Andrew Y

Hi,

If the ProLiants have been installed via SmartStart then chances are that they'll have the Survey utility installed.

Take a look in c:\compaq\survey (I think) for a file called survey.txt. That will give you a good breakdown of the kit...

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob.

I did consider the survey program early on and will be taking a copy of an earlier Smart Start CD with in case it is needed. However my understanding is that the survey program is very hardware oriented and I would like something that gives me a better indication of the OS configuration and installed applications as well.

Thanks for your input though, much appreciated.

Andrew Y