Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Storage sizing for streaming load

Respected Contributor Respected Contributor

Storage sizing for streaming load

I'm trying to pick a model of storage for customer but not sure if i'm right with my choice. The task is to hold big amount of files (15-20Tb, maybe more, 1-2Gb each file size) that are going to be downloaded by 1-2k users (100-200-300 users at one time). I've found test of Sun/Oracle's USS7000 storage and it looked good (i think because of FileZilla read cache), but i want to find something from HP.
I had experience with EVAs and it looks like that streaming load is not for this storage - it's really slooow on this type of load (well... predictable for OLTP storage :) ).
Now i'm trying to choose between P2000 and P4000, but the problem is that i have no performance tests of P4000. Tests of P2000G3 in Product Bulletin imho are not quite correct, but it's better then nothing. Does anybody have a experience with P4000 with this type of load or maybe anybody will recommend me another model?

Trusted Contributor Trusted Contributor

Re: Storage sizing for streaming load

You can find complete ionformation about p4000 in the below link.〈=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3936136#3
Frequent Advisor

Re: Storage sizing for streaming load

Hi P. Prokopets

P4000 are very reliable products, but they are positioned one step below EVAs.

I think you are looking for high IO capable solution. I would have a look to the recently acquired 3par storage devices.

The T400 is highly scalable and offers the lowest IOPS/$ in the market, while stays in the very high-end enterprise environment.

I must say it is not a cheap product, if you want performance, reliability and resilience then move forward, but if you are thinking in saving a few bucks, then and EVA will do the job.