Storage Software
1752599 Members
5291 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help! mount: 192.168.1.1:/psv1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Ji Lei
Frequent Advisor

Help! mount: 192.168.1.1:/psv1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

I m trying to setup a NAS server,
when I created Export Group and Virtual NFS Services, I can't mount the folder in a client.

please help me.

3 REPLIES 3
Dan Tyndale
Advisor

Re: Help! mount: 192.168.1.1:/psv1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Could you give some more details? Not certain what "mount a folder in a client" means.

Assume you
1) presented storage to all nodes and verified same view on all nodes before you imported
2) all servers have identical views of storage

Once imported partitioned, raw storage into matrix, how is it presented to clients?
windows share?
cifs share?
matrix file share?
How does the client connect to storage?
Ji Lei
Frequent Advisor

Re: Help! mount: 192.168.1.1:/psv1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Hi Dan,

thanks for your reply.

Yesterday I tried again, it works and I haven't change anything. Strange!

Could you give me some suggest on increase the performance when some client Read/Write from/to the NAS server.
Dan Tyndale
Advisor

Regarding read/write I/O

1) Try to design your system to be wide, not deep. Large number of files (10,000 or more) in one folder tend to slow down DLM and windows file caching mechanisms.

2) Verify flow control, RSS and all offloads are disabled on the NICs. Also NICS have current firmware and drivers (esp broadcoms).

3) Verify using the non SP2 version of Microsoft storport. Storport driver requires hotfix KB932755 or later.

4) Exclude C:\Program Files\PolyServe\MatrixServer\conf from virus scanning on all nodes