4215 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem with 3.5.1.0414 ¿Certificates?

AngelGutierrez
Occasional Visitor

Problem with 3.5.1.0414 ¿Certificates?

Hi

We had an old Polyserve system on 2 Linux HP ProLiant nodes  serving a filesystem to all the nodes in our cluster.

After a general shutdown and reboot, I observed a strange behavior: some nodes were able to NFS mount and work with the filesystem as usual, but some other mounted the filesystem but an 'ls' command  lasted  more than 2 minutes:

• nodes at 192.168.4.* work as usual
  • node 192.168.2.100 works fine but nodes 192.168.2.[1-10] doesn't
  • node 192.168.0.100 works fine but nodes 192.168.2.* doesn't. All nodes have Scientific Linux 5 installed. But in this subnet, we have one node (192.168.0.3) with Scientific Linux 6 who mounts and uses the filesystem without any problem.

When I checked the situation with mxconsole, I saw no problem but the Export Group where a certificate error appears (attached capture). The log file (mx.0.log.0) is:

Sep 4, 2013 5:24:19 PM com.polyserve.cecomm.CECommManager postToCE
SEVERE: IOException - sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check
 failed
Sep 4, 2013 5:24:19 PM com.polyserve.nfs.ExportRecordsConfiguration loadExportRecordsFromCE
SEVERE: Failed to communicate to CE
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException:
timestamp check failed
Sep 4, 2013 5:24:19 PM com.polyserve.nfs.ui.NFSClusterDeviceMonitorDialog loadError
SEVERE: Failed to communicate to CE
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException:
timestamp check failed

I read here about the problem with certificates ending in 2012 ¿can that be causing our problems? I've tried to check HP's FTP site to find  new certificates or a solution to our problem but I haven't found any.

Can any one suggest me a possible solution? Our storage system has always been a black box for us (just shutdown and restart operations).

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Problem with 3.5.1.0414 Certificates?

>Our storage system has always been a black box for us

If you haven't used mxconsole in a year, after the certificates expired, it could be that reason.

Your log looks like:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Polyserve-Solutions/Polyserve-SSL-Certs-have-expired-as-of-20120921/m-p/5811795