1752720 Members
5641 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 8200 Issue with Management and Fabric Modules

aali
Frequent Advisor

8200 Issue with Management and Fabric Modules

I was doing some testing of 8200 Management and Fabric Modules before putting this switch into production and came across the following scenerio.  

Failure and recovery of management module one and two to each other

Failure and recovery of fabric module

The failure happens after a management module is switched over, fully synced and ready.  When a fabric module is re enabled (it doesn’t matter if the fabric module was failed before or after the MM switchover) various things will happen, either one or more Gig modules will reboot or all gig modules will reboot.  This happened several times and was repeatable, which initially made me think it was by design and that maybe certain gig modules were tied to certain fabric modules, however it didn’t matter if it was fabric module 1 or 2, management module 1 or 2  and the rebooting modules were not consistent.  Any or all of the modules would reboot in any given scenario.

1 REPLY 1
ColdCanuk
Occasional Advisor

Re: 8200 Issue with Management and Fabric Modules

I am currently experiencing a similar scenario and have another thread going. I fail to pass traffic to the edge when I manually switchover to the redundant MM or even when I flip back over. The only fix is unplug and reboot.

Currently running thread for my issue: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProCurve-ProVision-Based/Updating-software-with-dual-management-modules-8212zl/m-p/5960373#M3013