5231 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ProCurve 5400 web console issue

TJB
Occasional Visitor

HP ProCurve 5400 web console issue

Hi All,

Has anybody had issues with logging into the HP 5400 series switches via the web console?

We upgraded all of our HP 5400 switch firmware from K.14.41 to K.14.60 and as a result we now can no longer web console into any of our HP 5400 switches from any of the workstations/servers previously used!

When we try to web console into a switch from any previously used server/workstation prior to the firmware update, we get stuck on the login screen which will take credentials but then keeps jumping back to the login screen.  We now only have one server which will let us login to our HP 5400 switches!

This same issue also occurs in HP Procurve Manager. We can't use Live View on our HP 5400 switches but we can use Live View on our newly purchased HP 2800 switches!? We can also web console into the new HP 2800 switches OK but they have different firmware (N.11.15) and have no security set yet.

It seems to be some kind of Java issue and so far we have uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and IE8, cleared the IE8 and Java cookies and updated the firmware to K.14.65 without success.

We are at a loss with this now.

Any ideas would be most appreciated

Trevor.

13 REPLIES 13
Helper
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Regarding Web Management.

Have you try to disbale then enable the webmanagement ?

Are you working with SSL (crypto cert) webmanagement ? If yes, have you try to regenerate it or suppress then create it agan ?

5400 (2810 is a little bit different)

web-management
web-management plaintext

If SSL :

crypto key generate cert 1024
crypto host-cert generate self-signed satart-date end-date xxx_LAN SI xxx city region fr
web-management ssl

Regarding PCM, what is the version ? Are you up-to-date ? PCM 2.3/3.x correctly manage these switches with the latest auto-update.

http://h10144.www1.hp.com/customercare/support/software/network_management.htm

We have already encountered partial or complete liveview information relevant to firmware or PCM bugs.

Also the latest version for 2810-xxG is N.11.25 :http://h10144.www1.hp.com/customercare/support/software/summarypages/n-j9021-c.htm

For your information 2810-xxG are replaced by E-Series 2910al-xxG (firmware W.14.xx based on K.14.xx 5400 branch of code).

Otherwise you should open a case, sorry.

Regards.

SVEY
Visitor

Hi,

i got the same issue with two different 5412zl Switches. It seems to be a general problem.

If you go directly to https://ipaddress/configuration/device_view.html (or device_viewf.html) it is working on every switch except for the 5400zl.

Did anybody found a solution?

regards

SVEY

Helper
Valued Contributor

Hi,

It works fine for me but with a different URL path running K.15. code.

ProCurve Switch 5406zl(J8697A)

K.15.02.0006, ROM K.15.10

http://10.91.100.56/html/nhome.html

Bye.

crm114
Occasional Contributor

Am also having the issue on K.15.02.

i created the self signed cert, disabled / enabled web management ssl

reset the manager and operator passwords

and fail to logon with error message invalid user name/password  on web-ui session

TJB
Occasional Visitor

I finally fixed this issue by upgrading the 5400zl switch firmware from K.14.65 up to K.15.02.0005. This update seems to do away with the flawed Java authentication that was causing our login issues.

Otsi

so have any of you had login issues with the k15.02.0005 from cli(ssh) or console connection. I receive a half login screen and nothing else I cannot seem to enter my credentials and this is the second switch I am having a similar issue with.

Any suggestions ?

SVEY
Visitor

Hi,

i'm currently testing with a 5412zl and Version K.15.04.0003.

I still have the issue that the Live View through PCM+ is not working. (PCM+ 3.20.1741)

The Live View of my 5406zl is working fine.

Any new ideas?

regards

SVEY

Helper
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I'm actually waiting for the fix, it should be available in a couple of weeks. I can't tell you if this will be a PCM fix or a K.15 product fix, i wish it will be a PCM fix ...

Bye.

Helper
Valued Contributor

Hi,

The fix is available and working in the latest release K.15.05.0002.

Bye.