5948 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Procurve 3500-24 (J9470A) Port Lights Constantly ON

philipisaia
Occasional Contributor

HP Procurve 3500-24 (J9470A) Port Lights Constantly ON

Hi everyone,

I have HP ProCurve 3500-24 (J9470A) and I am using it for OpenFlow.  While I was using it it got freeze so I have proceed with a factory reset.  You know the one that you press reset button together with clear and then release reset and wait for the LEDs to blink in order to release the clear as well.  Before doing that I have also removed my secondary firmware and I was left only with the primary.

Now when I start the switch it stays with the lights of the ports (green lights) always on, as well as the power, fault and locator lights.  Actually all the lights are on.  I have reset it again but no luck.  Any ideas on hot to make it work?

3 REPLIES 3
selessard

Re: HP Procurve 3500-24 (J9470A) Port Lights Constantly ON

I am having the same issue with the 3500yl-24G model.  Once I plug it in, it takes from 4 to 6 hours to initialize (the lights go off).  I tried removing the secondary firmware and also tried to update the firmware.  The update was successful, however, the boot mgr.  did not update as it was supposed to. 

philipisaia
Occasional Contributor

I have it on for more than 8 hours and no luck!!!  I opened a case on HP but it will take them days or weeks to respond...

Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

No it won't. Lifetime warranty, next day advance replacement. If it takes days for faulty hardware, you might not be logging the case by the most appropriate method.