4603 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP procurve 2610 Console problem

Raxor
Occasional Collector

HP procurve 2610 Console problem

Hello

I m trying to connect switches with console connection but unforunatly all switches have same problem i tested on more than 32 procurve 2610 POE switches but all have same problem when i connect console using Serial to USB connector and Terminal emulator is Putty operating system Win 7 Professional switch cli give me some thing like this 

waiting for speed sense press twice enter 

after press enter nothing happen cli hanged.

i dont know whats going on i checked with 9600 2400 11500

please suggest me how i can connect.

5 REPLIES 5
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Raxor
Occasional Collector

thank u

but i try this 5 6 times on diffrent switches but same result :(

Vince_Whirlwind
Trusted Contributor

Have you got Putty set to the correct COM port?The USB converter thing doesn't tell you what COM port it has selected.

Those USB converter things are pretty annoying - I keep a laptop with a proper serial port so I don't have to rely on them. They add a level of unreliability that I find unacceptable. And then their contacts wear out and they get even worse.

Make sure you have Flow control set to None. Speed 9600 is correct.

Raxor
Occasional Collector

@ Vince here is config which i am using

please check attached pic

is it ok

Raxor
Occasional Collector

i m tired to do this do that what the problem with HP i test my cable and port on CISCO switch working good now i m tired i ll  replace switch with CISCO because no one know how and dont have good knowledge about HP even thier custmer service i called them no relaiable answer.

today i try with Hyper Terminal same result when i change baud rate switch give me alien language.