4896 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Lifetime warranty, what does it mean? xenpak X131

Aarón
Frequent Advisor

Lifetime warranty, what does it mean? xenpak X131

Hello,

I recently had to replace a 10G x131 X2-SC LR xenpak (J8437A) because it started failing, the next step after replacing it with our own stock was calling support to open a case for it but the petition got directly rejected stating that this device was no longer supported.

I went online and found the warranty of all networking equipment here. This PDF is "For products purchased before December 1, 2014" and states this product has a "Liftetime" warranty, the explanation on what that means is on the bottom page:

"Hardware warranty replacement for as long as you owk the product, with the next business day advance replacement (available in most countries)."

So my question is, is this xenpak under warranty or not?? If not, how can I know when the rest of our equipments "lifetime support" is going to expire?

Thank you! Kind regards,

Aarón.

1 REPLY 1
Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

Re: Lifetime warranty, what does it mean? xenpak X131

It is covered under warranty accordng to the terms. You may need to provide proof of purchase.

The issue may be availability of replacement parts; you may be offered a replacement X2 or SFP+ optic instead. SInce that by itself presumably won't be much use, you may need to have a discussion with support and your local sales rep to work out how to proceed.