Aruba & ProVision-based
1747980 Members
4212 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: My JG960A won't talk to a enterasys c5 / VLAN / Treespanning / LACP (adminkey)

SOLVED
Go to solution
ReBook
Occasional Visitor

My JG960A won't talk to a enterasys c5 / VLAN / Treespanning / LACP (adminkey)

Hi Community.

Shame on me. I thought replacing a switch is simple. Now I'm facing that it is nearly impossible, having a complex configuration and switches with differnt brands.

M;y problem is that I don't get a connection to the enterasys C5 switch via LACP and VLAN.

I'm not sure why. The HP1950 should connect to the three cabinets of the stacked C5 with one Cable each.

The HP1950 should replaces a Enterasys B2G with the following config (see attachment).

The HP1950 will be a stack of two cabinets which than has six lanes to the C5.

The C5 has the following config (see attachment).

I guess the main problem is the aggregation (LACP) is not compatible in the both switches.

(can't set the adminKey on the HP)

Also the standart of the rstp is differnet on both 802.1w and 802.1t.

I have configured the HP1950 similar to the B2G but I do not get a connection to 192..168.33.254 VLAN33 interface on the C5.

I would like to post the config of the HP1950 but I forgot to make a text dump.

I will attach the config of the HP1950 tomorrow.

Do you see a chance to get this working including (R)STP and LinkAggregation (LACP) or is that impossible

between these switches?

Thanks and best regards.

ReBook

1 REPLY 1
ReBook
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: My JG960A won't talk to a enterasys c5 / VLAN / Treespanning / LACP (adminkey)

Ok I'm an idiot....

Of course all lanes where part of the same bundle.

Since I have tried to replace only one of the stacked cabines I had to split the bundle

into two 3 lane bundles - everything fine.

Thanks - case is solved.