1753946 Members
7481 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procure 2520G Switch Vlan

rob-meh
Advisor

Procure 2520G Switch Vlan

I am having some issues with Vlan tagging on a Procurve 2520G switch.

I am trying to setup a aerohive wireless network within a school and as part of this they want 3 SSID each on separate IP ranges, Which is not a problem and was easily setup on the wireless access point (which manage the DHCP) but for this to work the traffic over a particular SSID gets tagged with a vlan number. If I am connected to the AP setup as the DHCP server it works fine, If I am connected to another it does not work. This is down to the switch dropping the tagged packets sent from the AP's.

The switch is 24 port and have a fiber uplink to other switches. (all the AP's are on the same switch so the Vlan traffic should not need to leave the switch.)

From my understanding I need to setup my vlans on the switch and Tagged all the ports the AP's are using. (This seems to work buy stopped the AP's seeing out to the internet.) When I then tagg the uplink pork to be included I lose connectivity to the switch.

I am not the best on Vlans so I was starting to pull my hair out a bit as I could not find a solution anywhere.

I was using the web interface as I am not very confident with the command line & I didn't have a computer able to connect to the console port. Do you get more options on the console port than in the web interface? as it seemed fairly limited.

Regards,

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
bibma
Occasional Advisor

Re: Procure 2520G Switch Vlan

Is your uplink to other switches tagged on both - 2520G as well as the other switch. Can you share your config and a quick sketch.

Rgds

bibma

Chrisd131313
Trusted Contributor

Re: Procure 2520G Switch Vlan

Hi rob-meh,

You will need to have your main VLAN (SSID#1) untagged on the WAP port and the other VLANs (SSID#2 & #3) tagged. Make sure #2 & #3 are also tagged on the WAP and you should be good to go.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to mark a post resolved if your question was answered.