1753297 Members
6523 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procurve QoS in a easy way

MEBSware
Occasional Visitor

Procurve QoS in a easy way

We have small environments with two or three procurve switches like 2630 and one VoIP maschine. The switches are connected with a trunk and until now no VLAN is necessary.

So we decided to use:

QoS device priority <ip-address> priority 7

write memory so make it resident

Is there any possibility to control, if these priority is used, a counter or so?

Thanks,

Bodo

3 REPLIES 3
LorenzoCastro
Frequent Advisor

Re: Procurve QoS in a easy way

Hello MEBSware

Assuming you are asking for monitoring capability on the port to see if the proper egress queue is being used?  If so, I know the 8200s and 5400s that I have can use the qos watch-queue xx outwhere XX is the interface that you want to monitor.  They are only capable of monitoring one port though and not sure if this feature is across all platforms, but you should be able to check the command guide for your switch.

Thanks,

Lorenzo

MEBSware
Occasional Visitor

Dear Lorenzo,

thank you for that command. It's shows if packets are dropped, which is important.

I did not find any possibility to disable "watch-queue" other than a reset of the switch?

Is there any possibility to see, that the rules are working?

Thanks,

Bodo

LorenzoCastro
Frequent Advisor

Unless I am mistaken, there is no command that shows egress queues.  The A Series switches have this functionality, however E series do not.  Would be very helpful indeed if this feature were present. 

The no form of the same command should allow you to disable the watch queue functionality.