ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1752273 Members
4638 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP PSP installation with new RDP (insight control server deployment)

msaeed
Occasional Advisor

HP PSP instalaltion with new RDP (insight control server deployment)

The new HP RDP (insight control server deployment) does not have proliant integeration modules...I assume that we have to install PSP after the scripted OS install...for that I want to automate the process. Kinldy can some one help me in this...I want to give a script to initiate PSP silently as soon as my scripted OS install finishes..I am doing alot to make it work but I am not succesfull..I used this link to create distributred software but to no success..every time it gives me error..when deploying HPSUM mentione in this link..

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/20000042.html

What is the correct way to install HP PSP silently from RDP..

7 REPLIES 7
shocko
Honored Contributor

What OS are you deploying to? If windows, here's how you do it

1. Extract the support pack to a folder under the express share
  2. Create a new task of type 'Distribute Software'
  3. Configure options as follows:Task Options

Works fine for me ;)

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
msaeed
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for you reply..

Yes it is windows OS which I am trying to deploy, I will test your suggestion tomorrow and will update here, I hope it solves my issue as it is really becoming pain for me now.Thanks again for help..

Do you have any information that why they have removed propliant integration modules option while installing RDP..It was really simple before..

msaeed
Occasional Advisor

Dear shocko,

I tried you suggestion but after it copies all the files from express share to the temp in that machine it executes HPSUM.exe and there it is getting failed..please help me if you can what could be the issue..I am attaching the snapshot for you and one else who can help me..

shocko
Honored Contributor

To my knowledge, they haven't!

I just installed Insight Deployment last week and the options for the integration modules were still available during the install. You can also install them manually afterwards by browsing the DVD and running the appropriate setup.exe

msaeed
Occasional Advisor

I know before we can install Integerated modules from /rdp/end/pim...but in this new installation of ICE 6.3 i dont find any thing related ot PIM...its really frustrating..before you jsut install RDP and it iwll ask you for proliant and integrity integeration modules and when you do any scipted install PSP gets installed with it..now it only asks for OS files during installtion and when you deploy scripted install OS onyl OS is installed..can some one help meee...

Dave73
Regular Advisor

Try the following in your additional command line  

-f -s -use_latest -allow_non_bundle_components -r

shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi msaeed,

You got an return code of '-2' from the installation which means

• FAILURE_BAD_PARM   -2  254 A bad input parameter

Can you check your command line parameters?