5033 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP SUM 6.3.1 does not show installed iLO and CNA FW

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

HP SUM 6.3.1 does not show installed iLO and CNA FW

Hello all,

can anyone confirm that HP SUM 6.3.1 is not able to show the installed version of iLO or CNA Firmware on Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2?

I've already opened a case but it would be interesting to know if anyone else has this issue?

My colleague of the Linux Engineering told me that they have this issue also on any SLES and Red Hat System...

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Re: HP SUM 6.3.1 does not show installed iLO and CNA FW

Hi all,

I attached a screenshot of the report which shows my issue.

As you can see, in the report the version of the installed iLO Firmware and CNA Firmware is missing!

Regards,

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

some update:

With the iLO CHIF Driver 3.10.0.0 the ilo Firmware is now correctly listed in the report.

Only thing missing now is the CNA Firmware.

The report displays always "No FC HBA/CNA component found"

is anyone able to see the installed CNA Firmware version in the firmware report of hp sum 6.3.1 on ProLiant c-Class Blades?

I tested on BL460c G7, BL465c G7, BL460c Gen8, BL465c Gen8 with Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2...

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Now with the release of HP SUM 6.4.1 I've made some additional testing and have again an old problem:

Even with the HP iLO CHIF Driver 3.10.0.0 the installed iLO Firmware version is "unknown" in all HP SUM Reports...

Is anyone able to see the installed iLO Firmware version with HP SUM 6.4.1 on Windows Server systems?

Regards,

shocko
Honored Contributor

I have the same issue with SIM 7+ and I opened a call with HP. The ilo version is being retrieved during discovery/data colleciton but not in the reports. To me, it looks lika a SQL view or the like is not being updated. 

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)