1753429 Members
4754 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPSUM Latest Version Performance Issues

gezell
Occasional Visitor

HPSUM Latest Version Performance Issues

I recently downloaded the latest version of the HPSUM utility to check for core system updates on several HP Proliant servers that we manage. During the process I discovered the tool has changed and now runs in a web browser or bootable disc, and can no longer be ran as a Windows based program.

My problem is that I ran into some major performance issues when running the browser version of the HPSUM utility. The tool locks up frequently and becomes unresponsive when attempting to inventory a server for available HP system updates. I experienced issues with applying baselines from the HPSUM download and running inventory on the selected nodes. Multiple times the utility would give an error and have to be started over.

I did not experience these issues with the Windows based version of the utility. Are there any recommendations to alleviate these issues? How do you recommend running the utility? Are others experiencing this same type of problem? I can provide more details if needed.

3 REPLIES 3
shocko
Honored Contributor

I had the same issue. Ensure AV isn't interfereing and that you start the hpsum.bat form an elevated command prompt. 

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Hi,

yes I had issues too with the GUI (website).

That's why I'm using now only the CLI mode: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/unified/hpsum_infolibrary.html --> check the User Guide from page 65 on.

For example: I generate the report with hpsum CLI and then add the results to the SCCM inventory so we can build SCCM based reports through all our servers.

The installation of the components is done through SCCM advertisements (SCCM Package which runs the hpsum.bat in CLI mode on the managed systems)

Regards,

Server-Support
Super Advisor

has it been resolved in HP SUM 631 ? or this is till a known bug / issue ?

Best regards,