ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1752650 Members
5639 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight Control server deployment (RDP) install error 4

Paul Brownell

Insight Control server deployment (RDP) install error 4

My CMS got destroyed and I am doing a fresh install of Insight 6.2. I keep running into problems with server deployment.

Here are the log errors from the master installer....any hints of where to search further? I havent found anything meaningful in the installation log files.

Thanks!

[Wed Dec 1 11:32:42 CST 2010] HPIC Install: [RDP.HCF] ExitCodeString: nExitCode = 4
[Wed Dec 1 11:32:42 CST 2010] HPIC Install: ScheduleFileForDeletion(filename[C:\Program Files\HP\RDP\options.ini])
[Wed Dec 1 11:32:42 CST 2010] HPIC Install: InstallComplete(sStatus[Installation Failed: One or more features failed to install or upgrade])
3 REPLIES 3
htulumba
Advisor

I have same issues with a fresh install of HP IC 6.2. Have you found any solution or workaround?

I have found the following WARNING message in the log HPIS-setup.log:
HPIC Install: WarningAlert: Ports 8080 and/or 8081 are currently in use on the local server. This may result in conflicts with Insight Control server deployment. Make sure these ports are freed before continuing.

How should I free these ports? The software Tomcat commonly runs on port 8080 or 8081, but Tomcat is a component of HP SIM.
JeffG
Occasional Contributor

I changed the ports of the default Web Site in IIS using the bindings link on the Actions list.
X
songshubao

in my installation ,I encountered one problem :server deployment failed installation .during the installation ,it prompt that the installation is successful .but after reboot ,the result changed to failed .