3592 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

SPP 2013.09.0 PXE boot using CIFS bug.

richit1
Occasional Visitor

SPP 2013.09.0 PXE boot using CIFS bug.

Hi Guys,

Whats the correct route to report a bug with HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) 2013.09.0 ISO?

I've found the file D:\pxe\spp2013090\initrd.img is missing some modules from the following folder: \lib\modules\3.0.58-0.6.2-default\kernel\crypto\

files:

md5.ko

md4.ko

ecb.ko

des_generic.ko

This creates a problem if you attempt to point the iso1mnt to a cifs:// share hosting the ISO and it is unable to mount correctly.

Thanks,

Rich

5 REPLIES 5
QuimaxW
Occasional Advisor

Re: SPP 2013.09.0 PXE boot using CIFS bug.

I have found this same thing. To get past this in the past, I've had to repackage the kernel in the initrd.img with the required modules, or use nfs.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem-Management/Support-Pack-for-Proliant-Firmware-Update-over-PXE/td-p/5375433/highlight/false/page/2#

That link has the instructions for the 2013.02 version, it should still apply to the 09 version as well though.

richit1
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for confirming, I also spent some time repackaging as I didn't want to use NFS at the time.

It's interesting to see how long this problem has been present and has remained unfixed by HP.

Is anyone aware how to get in touch with the team to fix this? QuimaxW's link within this post has some pretty simple instructions for resolving this and will save us having to redo this work each time HP release a new version.
QuimaxW
Occasional Advisor

...and it's still a bug with version 2014.02

QuimaxW
Occasional Advisor

richit1
Occasional Visitor

Hello again QuimaxW,

I had a strange sense that I'd be here again in a few months when originally posting the thread and here we are !

Thanks very much for the step by step instructions. HP take note - it's pretty simple :)

Are there any issues with someone posting the modified initrd.img here to save the handful of people that'll read this thread some time?