1752781 Members
6390 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

350 g6 overtemp?

mcfly5
Occasional Advisor

350 g6 overtemp?

I have a number of ml350g 6 that will click on and imedietly back off. led on systemboard looks like it is the overtempeture error. installed are known working cpu, memory fans etc. all parts including pdu are from working server. is the board shot on all 10 of these. i have worked on these for years and been able to fix all other issues before. if someone has an answer it would be much apprecieated

2 REPLIES 2
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: 350 g6 overtemp?

Hi,

Please refer to these articles, this might help.

PCI-X Riser Option Kit Installation May Result in High Speed Fan Noise After Power-On Self-Test (POST)

Server Fans Always Run at High Speed and Make Noise

Error: "1610 - Temperature violation detected waiting 5 minutes for system to cool"

Thank You!
I am a HP employee

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mcfly5
Occasional Advisor

Re: 350 g6 overtemp?

Server shuts down right away before fans have a chance to spin or any bios messages/errors show up. the reason i think it is overtemp is because that is only led that shows up on system board specs page. i have swapped every part with known good ones and think the boards are shot, but hate to give up on this many servers