4261 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

530FLR-SFP+ connection to Cisco 3750X

HWRT
Occasional Contributor

530FLR-SFP+ connection to Cisco 3750X

Hi,

I would like to connect a DL380Gen8 to a Cisco 3750X using 10G.

On HP side, i have a Ethernet 10Gb 2-port 530FLR-SFP+ Adapter (without any SFP) and a WS-C3750X-48PF-S + a C3KX-NM-10G= module (without SFP).

What kind of cable and/or SFP are suitable to connect everything together ?

Thks

DV

3 REPLIES 3
scarab
Occasional Visitor

Re: 530FLR-SFP+ connection to Cisco 3750X

Just wondering if you ever got an answer for this?

From what I can tell, the official line would probably be you can not use twin ax direct attach cables due to HP & Cisco programming their SFP ports to do a eeprom check.  You would need to use Short range fibre modules and connect via FC cables.... 

scarab
Occasional Visitor

So I can now confirm that this configuration will work using either using the cisco twin ax cables  SFP-H10GB-CU**

or with a bios of 12.2(25)SE and above "cisco certified" 3rd party cables after disabling the "vendor check" in the cisco switch software.  

As a general rule it seems all server adaptors are open to 3rd party  SFP+ DAC's, however  HP switches are not open to 3rd cables and compatible HP DAC's should be used.

BSeklecki
Advisor

With the Nexus 5K drop switches, I can attest to TWINAX cables.  Especially in combination with Emulex 10GB CNAs.

Cisco, HP, Panduit, Blackbox, etc. will all make Cisco-certified compatible models.

However, on an old 3750x, if you're going to buy Modules & cables separately, any OM3 or OM4 MMF Patch Cable with LC connectors then:

service unsupported-transceiver

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

~BAS