5937 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Bios Replication with conrep utility.

Dave73
Regular Advisor

Bios Replication with conrep utility.

Morning

Im having a bit of dificulty understanding the use of the conrep utility from the hp scripting toolkit. I want to save the bios settings from 1 and deploy to many.

How do i generate the xml file needed to complete the command:

conrep -s -xtest.xml -ftest.dat

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Bios Replication with conrep utility.

refer to the sections on using CONREP and HPRCU in the toolkit users guide http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03297832/c03297832.pdf

CONREP has been deprecated in favor of HPRCU for Gen8 and later systems.

conrep -s -ftest.dat will save the settings

conrep -l -ftest.dat will load the settings

generally the -x option is only needed for a server that requires a specific hardware definition file such as the 100 series servers

The users guide gives detailed examples and explains why hprcu is a better tool moving forward

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Dave73
Regular Advisor

Thanks Jimmy.

From a bit more reading it seems that conrep can not be run from within w2k8 and only from a winpe enviroment ! Is this correct ?

Thanks

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I do most of my work on the Linux side of the house. Haven't really used the tools under Windows, or WinPE; but see no reason why conrep wouldn't work from within windows

QuynhD
Visitor

Hi Jim,

Also, I ran into a problem of not obtaining all filed of BIOS after successfully creating a "BiosSettings.dat" file.  How do I add in a field for setting?

Thanks.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Depending on the server model, some settings are not saved in the output file.  What server model are you working with, and what settings are you trying to change?

QuynhD
Visitor

Here is what I hope to modify the following fields on HP Proliant DL380e Gen8 server - based server.  I tried ether ConRep and HPRCU from HP Scripting Toolkit V9.20 and boot from winPE 32-bit Ver. 3.0.  It seemed to work fine, and the command Line returned 0 as indicated successfully.  However, the XML Configured Settings was not included all.  Hope someone can point out a way to modify the xml file for setting the bios configuration.

Also, I attached the xml file - Thanks.

ROM-Based Setup Utility, Version 3.0

System Options

NUMLOCK Power-On State: On

Standard Boot Order (IPL)

IPL:1 Hard Drive C: (See Boot Controller Order)

IPL:2 CD-ROM

IPL:3 USB DriveKey (D:)

IPL:4 Floppy Drive (A:)

Server Asset Text

Server Info Text

Server Asset Tag = ABC-Corp

PCI Device Enable/Disable

PCI Embedded: … B120i RAID Controller                 Disabled

PCI Embedded: … 1Gb 4-port 366i Adapter           Enabled

PCI Embedded: … Array Accelerator Manager       Enabled

PCI Embedded: … Array P420 Controller                Enabled