ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752366 Members
5579 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Boot Logical Drive is Configured but is missing or Offline

Colin CDUB White

Boot Logical Drive is Configured but is missing or Offline

I'm trying to install 2008 r2 standard on a DL 180 g6.

Post initialization; The P410 controller shows "Boot Logical Drive is Configured but is missing or Offline" and I unable to install the OS on any array or Drive.

Please Help.
16 REPLIES 16
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Boot the server. Go into the controller at post and see what the issue is. Did you install the correct drivers starting 2008 R2 to see the controlelr. Does you server fully support 2008 R2? Do you have the latest firmware?
Colin CDUB White

Thx for the reply Michael. to answer your questions.

issue at post is "Boot Logical Drive is Configured but is missing or Offline" Diagnostics yield nothing useful to me or HP support.

Server is Brand spanking new DL180 G6 it had better support 2008 r2...

Firmware attempts
v3.52 on the p410 = no joy
v2.50 on the p410 = no joy
v3.66b on the p410 = no joy

Anguished cries for help.
12+ hours working with HP support = absolutely no joy, nothing but circles, poor solutions and grief.

Own initiative with a bit of Luck.
New p410 card w v1.66 = happiness.

It's either an issue with the newer firmware or just a bunk card, everything else worked on the card just wouldn't boot. HP support has no idea why it didn't work.

Case closed.
TanzaniaXP

I was stuck with the same error for three days on HP Proliant DL380 G5, I feel that this solution might work for most of HP servers.  

Please, take few steps to deal with this..

1- Press F10 and select option 3; Diagnostic Utility

Then select; Boot Disk Test

~~~If the results is Boot disk status-fail

Boot disk Ready-Fail

Verify Boot Sector; Fail

***You have a HD, OS installed, but why fail????  Boot disk is not selected on the BIOS !!!

Then follow me on the next step, but if all pass, the next step will not work for you !!

2-Restart the computer and wait till you see; "Press F8 to run option ROM configuration for Array utility"

3-Press F8, you will see the Main Menu, Select the last option "Select Boot Volume"

~~~~~ Most of the time, it will be on Direct attached storage, on the first logicar drive 01

save settings and restart your server !!

_______________you will be smiling again !!___________________________________________

kingbeard

Hi,

I have exactly this problem on my DL380, ie.  it wont boot from disk.

The problem is that the p400 driver/firmware (7.24) does NOT have the boot option in the menu.

It simply has three entries Creat, View, Delete Logical drives. The fourth entry where you can set the boot drive is missing!!

Any ideas?

I thought about downgrading the firmware, but need a working system to load the driver.

Cheers,

Mark

Wahll
Occasional Visitor

Hi Mark

You can use the Offlive Array Configuration Utility (ISO) to configure boot drive in p400/p400i array controller.

regards,

László
Sirajul_Haque
Advisor

Hi,

if you wish to have more information about this rror, you may check the below said link

Solved: “Boot Logical Drive is configured but is Missing or Offline” on HP Proliant Server

This may help you

cheers

I am an HP Employee

Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

Thanks.

The solution in the link posted above worked for us.
50chickens

None of these things worked for me. i had been moving drives around on my server when i started receiving this message and then my G5/P400i would not boot into any OS.

i ran the smart storage administrator diagnostics and found the Primary Boot Lun was set to ' (as in, a single quote). The only way i found was in the command line version of acu to reset the boot volume.

controller slot=0 ld modify bootvolume=none

After i did this the error went away and my server was able to boot again.
moored99
Visitor

@50chickens wrote:
None of these things worked for me. i had been moving drives around on my server when i started receiving this message and then my G5/P400i would not boot into any OS.

i ran the smart storage administrator diagnostics and found the Primary Boot Lun was set to ' (as in, a single quote). The only way i found was in the command line version of acu to reset the boot volume.

controller slot=0 ld modify bootvolume=none

After i did this the error went away and my server was able to boot again.

I to ran the off line ACU and this fixed my problem look for hpacuoffline-9.40-12.0-x86.zip (102 MB) (2013 version) in google this file contains an ISO burn to disk.